In the Field
Our club activities are available only to members and their accompanied guests.
Dog Training and Kennel services are available to the general public.
Hunters Creek Club spends more time providing a quality upland hunting experience than any other club in Michigan. We feature daily field hunts from August 15 through April 30 each year. Since 1958, we’ve offered guided hunts for members and their accompanied guests with our dogs or yours for:
- Guided Bird Hunting with Professional Guides and Experienced Dogs
- Pheasant, Chukar Partridge, Hungarian Partridge, & Quail
- Field hunts behind our trained pointers or flushers, or bring your own dog
- European, driven bird shooting, matched only on the British Isles
The club encompasses over 1,400 acres of prime Midwest fields and fallows for your hunting excursions. Continue the heritage and tradition of bird hunting by coming out today and bringing your family and friends.
Many people belong to Hunters Creek Club just for the great fishing. Bring the entire family for a relaxing couple of hours of fishing, or gather a couple dozen of your pals for a bass fishing tournament and dinner.
Our 60-acre Lake Features
- Large quantities of naturally produced bass, pike, bluegill, and crappie
- Quiet fishing, electric motors only
- Roomy, stable flat-bottom boats and electric motors are available for rent
Other fishing opportunities include:
- Trout fishing in our chain of ponds, filled with rainbow trout.
- Access to the Flint River, which offers pike, smallmouth bass, and trout.
- Periodic fly-casting and fly-tying seminars.
- Ice fishing in heated shanties
Our great resources provide superb fishing for anglers of all ages!
Clay Target Shooting
Spending some time at our Clays facilities is a great way to hone your shooting skills.
Clay Target Shooting Facilities
- Fully automated 14-station sporting clays course
- Skeet and Trap Field
- Five-stand Shooting
The course is open Monday through Sunday from 9:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. for your shooting enjoyment. Instruction is always available for when you want to bring out first-time shooters or polish up your own form.
Dogs are what led the Mann family into the hunting business. As a dog trainer, our founder Preston Mann knew that dogs would stay sharper if their owners could hunt them over a longer season. Preston lobbied the State of Michigan for a longer hunting season, providing more days of recreation for hunters and more training for the dogs.
Features of our Dog Training Operation Include:
- Four trainers with more than 100 years of combined professional experience
- More than 1,400 acres of training grounds offering a variety of terrain
- One-on-one trainer-to-owner instruction bimonthly during your dog’s stay
- Sanitary and comfortable housing for your dog
- 24-hour vet care
- Pickup and delivery available
- Climate controlled indoor boarding available
Dog training is available to both members and non-members. Our full-time staff, made up of four professional dog trainers, work with pointing, retrieving breeds, and flushing breeds.
Whether you desire basic obedience for your companion or a finished gun dog for the field, woods, or marsh, we will get the job done. We require a commitment from the owners to participate in the process so that they develop the skill set necessary to realize the full potential of their dogs.
Call us to arrange an appointment to tour the kennel, to have your dog evaluated, to schedule training or boarding, or arrange for private lessons.